Here at Coconut Box we love all things coconut related and that includes food. We will be sharing tried and tested recipes and today’s blog post is relating to last nights curry sourced from Loving It Vegan, mouth watering to say the least.
Rich and creamy vegan curry.
This delicious vegan and gluten free curry is mildly spicy and packed full of flavour.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups (~240g) Baby Corn (Chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Sliced)
- 3 Small Zucchini (Sliced) (~2 cups/~300g)
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Chickpeas (Drained)
- 1 14oz (400g) Can Chopped Tomato
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Sugar*
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Black Pepper (To Taste)
- Serve with rice
- Add the olive oil to a pot with the chopped onion and crushed garlic, curry powder, cumin and coriander powder. Sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add in the chopped baby corn, red pepper, sliced zucchini and chickpeas. Add in the chopped tomato and coconut milk.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the veggies are softened.
- Add in the coconut sugar and salt. Add ground black pepper to taste and serve with rice.
Time to go coconuts and get cooking!